Military Outlook (India)
- Make in India & DPP campaign has been the game changer, dealing with several issues plaguing the Indian market
- Over 75% of Defence equipment are imported.
- Only about 20 – 30% of the yearly defence budget has been spent in the last 10 years. This is changing with the new Gov.
- No favor for the private industry especially for MSMEs.
- Over 50-75 companies have run into bankruptcy in the last few years
Civil Aviation Outlook (India)
- The country is well on its way to become the third largest aviation market by 2020.
- By 2020, passenger traffic at Indian airports is expected to increase to 421 million from 190mil
- Airport infrastructure investment of US $ 11.4 billion under the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-17) 250 airports to be under operation by 2020.
More Specifically, Weapon modernization is the need of the hour
Make in India’s new IDDM category (Indian designed, developed and manufactured) is a game changer.
Make in India heightens need for Indian manufacturing experts
- a) More weapons acquisitions are necessary, given the imbalanced nature of Indian arsenal heavily tilted toward obsolescence and shortage.
- b) Given the manpower intensive nature of Indian armed forces and contemporary and futuristic security needs, a balanced approach to resources allocations for national defence must be considered.
Our offering focuses on these 2 points.